Wednesday, January 16, 2019

WWE Retro Series 7 at Bangor Walmart

Earlier today I hit up the Bangor Salvation Army and TJ Maxx but didn't find anything. I had to go to the grocery store tonight and figured I'd stop at Goodwill along the way, right before close, and Walmart as well, still looking for WWE Retro Series 7. I didn't find anything at Goodwill, well, they did have the Batman Bat Jet by Kenner from 1990, a toy I had as a kid and sold a few years back for a few dollars. I'm not a fan of Batman so I wouldn't have looked twice at it except I recently found the missile that goes on the front of the jet and planned on selling it separately. I thought about buying the jet for $2 to sell it complete but there's a big ass Goodwill price sticker on the cockpit shield which would be a pain to get off, so I didn't bother getting it. (went back and bought it, the sticker peeled right off with no trouble)
Batman Kenner BAT JET with missile

Next up was Walmart. I could feel something good and was hoping for Retros. They must have just reset the action figure aisle today because everything was moved around and quite empty, awaiting the new product on its way. They had the pegs all set up for the new items that haven't arrived yet. I looked at the Transformers pegs to see what was coming, there's something called a G1 Optimus for I think $50. Next to it was the spot for the Siege Optimus and Megatron which I don't need anymore since the Brewer Walmart already got them in.
Bangor Walmart Transformers Section

They also just got in the MOTU Mega Construx Wind Raider I just picked up at the Brewer Walmart, no multi figure pack though. Then I checked out the section for the WWE figures and saw the empty Retro pegs, still only $10 which is nice to see since other stores have them for no less than $13. They must just have not gotten them in yet. Just to make sure, I looked up in the top stock where there was one lone case of WWE figures. Retros!!!
Bangor Walmart WWE Retro Series 7 case

I grabbed it and hoped Shawn Michaels wasn't already scooped up by another collector since the box was open. There he was, bottom of the box, well, top but they opened it upside down. I decided to go ahead and just buy both of them, one to keep in package, one for display. I put the others back in the box and stuck it back in top stock. I did the same thing when they got in Series 2, it took them a month and a half to put the ones I didn't buy on the pegs, and that box they actually took out of top stock and stored out back, so I'm glad I found this one when I did. I'm guessing they got it in today.
Bangor Walmart WWE Retro Series 7 SHAWN MICHAELS

This is the first figure I've seen in person with the leg kicking action. I don't know, great idea, but their legs are too short, they look like midgets. Why couldn't they have made the legs just a couple centimeters longer? And wtf is up with his head sculpt? That is just horrible. Easily the worst face yet on any of the Retros. But it's Shawn Michaels so I just couldn't help myself. Sheamus looks great, except of course for his midget legs. Chris Jericho looks amazing, I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't put an emergency halt on this figure since he signed with AEW, like they did with the Enzo Series 4 figure we'll never get, which also looked awesome in the prototype shots. Kurt Angle looks, well, he's not as bad as HBK but if I were a fan of Kurt Angle, I certainly wouldn't be happy about that figure. These Mattel designers really need to step their game up, or maybe they don't because idiots like me buy them anyway. I also noticed that on this series, they stopped including the personalized figure stand they started back in Series 3. I'm okay with it either way, I just wish they did the drawing of the figure's action feature in the little circle like the old WWF Hasbros, rather than the actual photo of it.
WWE Retro Series 7 SHAWN MICHAELS figure

I also checked out the clearance section which is full of toys, new toys, like really new, I mean some of these came out just a day or two before Christmas. The brand new Cyberverse Optimus Prime is marked down. The G1 Hot Rod vintage style figure is half price. The new WWE Survivor Series set which they didn't get in until after Christmas, I think it was only AJ Styles left. They also still have some Mega Construx series 2 figures for half price, Beast Man but no Teela. I can't figure out why they clearanced their brand new product, I get they're making room for the new stuff but some of these things aren't even a month old. Oh well, I guess they have their reasons. I'm just happy to have gotten my hands on the Retro Shawn Michaels.
Bangor Walmart clearance - Cyberverse Optimus, Retro Hot Rod, Mega Construx Beast Man, WWE Elite & Fan Central

No comments:

Post a Comment