Wednesday, November 13, 2019

And Goodwill With the Win Again (TMNT TigerClaw & FishFace, Intercontinental Championship)

Goodwill in the 8:00 hour is the time to go, some more cool finds today. I could feel something good as soon as I walked in. There was a box of toys up front but it didn't look like anything great so I made my way to the toy section where something shiny caught my eye. Make that multiple something shinys, WWE championship belts for $1 a piece. I probably should have grabbed all of them but only picked up one, my favorite, the Intercontinental championship belt with the white strap. As a kid, I barely cared about the heavyweight belt, those matches were usually boring, I wanted the one that Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon fought over. The strap's a little dirty and the belt's a little scuffed up but I don't care, it's the freakin' IC belt.

Then I noticed a couple more boxes of taped up toys hiding under a gaggle of naked women. After removing the Barbie dolls, right away I spotted a TMNT figure from the Nickelodeon show, TigerClaw! It's a figure I don't have and haven't ever seen before, awesome. Then, in the sea of plastic crap, the robotic leg of another one of Shredder's baddies, FishFace. I fished them out of the box, sorry for the bad pun, it didn't actually take any fishing, the tape was already pretty well ripped and the boxes picked through. Rather than get them single and pay probably $1 for each, I brought them up front and stuck them in the box of toys I first looked at.

The rather heavy box consisted of mostly Hot Wheels, nothing too special but enough to easily pay for tonight's purchases. Probably should have just got the figures separate and saved myself the hassle having to sort through it and list them on eBay but you never know, could have been more Turtles hiding in there. There weren't. It was mostly dinosaurs, Lightning McQueens and Grave Diggers. Oh well, I got FishFace and TigerClaw so I'm super excited for them, my Nickelodeon TMNT collection is growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment