Monday, November 11, 2019

Mardens & Goodwill Finds (TMNT, Marx Knight, Plushies)

Guys, I did something I said I wouldn't do, I went back to Mardens and bought the TMNT Out Of The Shadows Technodrome. Ugh, what is wrong with me? But, no, look, I had to, because they didn't make a Technodrome for the Nickelodeon show, despite it playing a huge part, so this was as close as I could get. And my growing collection wouldn't be complete without it. At least it was on clearance so I got it for $20, and the box is still in excellent condition. Think I'm gonna leave it sealed, at least for now, and it fits on one of my shelves perfectly so technically it was meant to be and no one can get mad at me. I went there specifically hoping it would still be there, and there was one left.

Next day I headed back to Brewer and hit up Goodwill, hoping they'd have a Calico Critters house that was there last night when the internet on my phone wasn't working. It was gone. Two days in a row is a bit extreme for Brewer Goodwill since they typically suck, but I've found a few gems recently. Well, sort of, I haven't found anything for me but rather items that I can sell to help fund my action figure addiction. And today I found a few more. Although, the 12" GI Joe looking doll with articulation turned out to be a vintage Marx knight figure from 1968, not actually worth anything as it turns out, but wow, 1968. And it is a really cool figure.


I also picked up a couple plushies, both new with tags, for $2 a piece. I've never really sold plush toys before, but since these two had their tags, I thought they might be worth a little something. One of them is a Neopets Starry Scorchio from 2003, the other an oversized My Little Pony from a couple years ago. I should get about $10 a piece for them, so, not exactly big money makers but you never know until you sell them, I've been surprised before. Shoulda just bought the dollhouse last night but it was $8 and I wasn't sure if it was worth anything. Just because something looks cool doesn't mean people want to buy it, like the Marx knight. Except in this case, the cool looking house goes for about $40 in the condition it was in. Grrrr, stupid Wi-Fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment