Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Goodwill Goodness (Skywarp, Raphael & a box of figures)

My wife had a webcam work meeting tonight so I got out of her hair and headed to Goodwill and Walmart. And man am I glad I did because I found some stuff at Goodwill, they've really been coming through for me lately, I've found some pretty cool toys this year, and today was no exception. Aside from a $5 box of random toys and action figures, I found a Transformers leader class Skywarp and a Nickelodeon 12" Raphael each for $3 a piece.

I could see the box of toys up front didn't have anything I wanted but you never know what's hiding in there, so I grabbed it anyway since it was all boys toys, they're usually a jumble of everything including baby. Not much of note in there, definitely from the same lot of toys that were in my last box from there though. There was some superheroes, a Yellow Ranger without legs, some Jurassic World dinosaurs plus some other dinos, John Cena and of course some McDonalds crap. Looks like I'll make about $30 or so off the box if I can clean the stuff up, the previous owner apparently had a fascination with coloring his toys with marker.

But the real finds of the day were the separate $3 large figures. I love the Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon and buy just about figure from it I come across. This is my first of the 12" figures, which I was hoping to find at some point after seeing them on The Toys That Made Us the other day. I never had the large Turtles as a kid but always wanted them, especially Shredder who I don't believe they ever made. But hey, 2015 Raph works for me, figure is in excellent condition.

Best find of the day, Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Skywarp in the leader class scale. Oh my freakin' god. I had to stop myself from buying him every time I saw this figure in the toy aisle at Walmart, but at $50, I just couldn't do it. Skywarp has always been one of my favorites, he's purple, silver and black, come on, how could he not be a favorite of mine, those are my favorite colors. I never had him as a kid, or hell, an adult either, until that recent Goodwill Transformers score when I found the animated Robots In Disguise Skywarp. But this one, whoa, this is a thing of beauty. Excellent condition too. For all those years hardly ever finding anything at Goodwill, I'd say 2019 has more than made up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment