Friday, November 15, 2019

Thrift Store Toys And A Case To Put Them In (Leonardo, Digimon, Trolls)

After dropping off an eBay package at the post office, the Batskiboat I picked up last month, I checked out Goodwill and found some interesting stuff. After rummaging around through the now ripped open toy box I found TigerClaw and FishFace in the other day, I spotted a couple of figures at the bottom that looked interesting, not sure what they are. And I threw them in a bag of transforming animals that I honestly had no clue what they were, turns out two of them were Digimon figures from 1999 and worth a little bit, definitely more than the $2 I paid for the bag.

Then I spotted a spinning display case for $5 from a wristwatch company that'll be excellent for displaying toys. This thing is beautiful and built like a tank, that was not easy to carry around the store. The shelves are kind of small but it fits TMNT, GI Joes and WWF Hasbros perfectly, now I just need somewhere to put it.

After that I headed over to Salvation Army where I picked up a bag of toys. It didn't look like anything great but I could see some Imaginext among other action figures, a vintage Joker I already got this summer at Goodwill, couple little Transformers, and a bunch of toys I didn't recognize. Not sure if this one will pay off but it was fun to sort through.

And then I found a TMNT Nickelodeon Leonardo. Do I already have him? Yes, I do, but I was pretty sure mine didn't have his belt/sash so I got him for a dollar. Glad I did because I was right, mine was naked. Still no swords but at least he's a little more complete.

Had to go out again at night so we swung by Goodwill to see if they'd restocked since this morning and they had, nothing I was interested in but I did grab a bag of vintage Troll dolls for a couple bucks. I've always found them sort of creepy back when my sister had a few but there's a pretty big market out there for them. I'll at least make a few dollars off of it, easily enough to pay for today's purchases.

Not much for me today, but enough to fund my toy addiction, now I just need to get listing some more stuff on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment