Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Brewer Mardens

Transformers Siege War For Cybertron MEGATRONI had to run to Brewer tonight to pick up the calendar I made for my mom from Walmart. For some reason, the Bangor Walmart got rid of their photo center so I had to have it done in Brewer instead. Not a big deal, I like going out that way to check out Mardens and Goodwill. That made it sound like Brewer's far away, it's not, just a couple miles but with traffic it takes almost 20 minutes to get there most days. I got Jaime's new phone and a few other gifts while I was there but no good toys. I was hoping for the Transformers Siege Megatron which was supposed to hit shelves in November but still no sign of him. I am tempted to get those Cyberverse Transformers though, I mentioned them to my parents so they might pick them up for me for Christmas. Or who knows, maybe Siege Megatron will hit there by then, toys come out a little earlier in CT.

With only 15 minutes to spare, I ran into Mardens, which isn't nearly enough time for that place. And oh my god, the toys! It was clear they bought out a bunch of Target's back stock so they had some really good stuff. Tons of WWE figures but none I needed. Maybe needed isn't the right word, not sure if action figures are ever a necessity, so in that case, none I wanted. Well, wanted isn't right either because I want all the toys but you know what I mean.

Batman vs Superman - Battle Armor Batman
They also had tons of Star Wars figures, Ninja Turtles, man I am not feeling those new designs, the figures all look so basic. TMNT just keeps getting more simplistic, pretty soon they'll be stick figures you have to use your imagination to see. They even had that MOTU Vinyl 2 pack of He-Man and Trap Jaw which I was tempted to get because it's so hard to pass up on anything Masters but those things just look so stupid. They had a bunch of DC and Marvel figures as well. I scooped up a Batman variant that I've had my eye on for a while. Not because I like Batman, but because it'll make the perfect body for a Krulos custom figure. Krulos is from the Dino-Riders in the mid 1980s, a line of toys that consisted of humans and mutants who used dinosaurs to aid them in their war. Somehow they haven't been remade and I'm getting sick of waiting for a 6" Krulos (Dino-Riders figures are only like an inch and a half tall), so I might just have to make one. When I'm going to find time for this, I don't know, but I'll have the figure waiting when I'm finally ready.

Loyal Subjects Thundercats & MOTUThe real find of the night was a single Masters Of The Universe Loyal Subjects blind box figure that I grabbed for $9, not much of a discount but I'd said if they were $10 or less I would have bought them. And then I spotted a whole case of Thundercats Loyal Subjects. I bought two of them. The only villain in the set is Mumm-Ra and I'm all about the villains, except for Cheetara, she was freakin' awesome in the 2011 cartoon so I'm really hoping for a Cheetara and a Mumm-Ra, but will probably get two of the same figure. I wouldn't mind a Jaga either. I'll wrap them up for Christmas and it'll be a surprise. I'm not the only guy who finds the 2011 Cheetara sexy as hell, am I?

I got out of their exactly at 8:00 but wish I had more time to look around. I was really rushing in the last five minutes after finding another aisle of toys with some more collectibles type stuff in it. They even had some of the new Funko Savage World horror figures, not sure how since they just came out but I couldn't find any Mortal Kombat or Thundercats ones. I wish I'd come here sooner in the season, I bet they had even more toys before they were picked over for Christmas. I'll have to go back again soon.

Mega Construx MOTU FAKERThe next day (12/20), when Jaime got home from work, we went out to Walmart and Target to pick up a few things and I stopped at Goodwill shortly before they closed. They had a tree set up with some in-package toys around it, some of them hanging off the tree. I spotted a few Mega Construx figures and hoped for a series 1 He-Man or Skeletor, both of which I have but I've kinda been wanting one for out of package. No such luck, but around the back side of the tree was Faker, series 3, I haven't even seen him at Walmart yet. I've never been into Legos but these MOTU Mega Construx figures are sweet, I'm really hoping they come out with more and eventually vehicles and playsets. I thought they were supposed to drop a Wind Raider vehicle and a multi pack of figures for Christmas but I haven't seen anything about it in quite a while. It was exciting to find a Faker though, still $5 which is retail price but who knows when he'll actually show up in stores around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment