Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Emerald Square Mall

When Dad and I got back home from the Crystal Mall, I finished my food court Chinese Food while Jaime ate her Subway and we decided to head on out to the Emerald Square Mall in North Attleboro MA. It's a bit of a drive, an hour and 15 minutes, but we drive further than that all the time to go to Acadia so it's no big deal for us. Well, other than last time when we got a little lost but we were back on track in no time. No getting lost this time, well, except for the turn I missed but I just caught it at the next block so it was nothing. Jaime stayed in the car while I went inside and I just realized now that they have an FYE there, dammit. At least they used to, it's three stories, I didn't walk the whole mall. Crap.

Anyway, I hit the Toy Vault there which is usually the best of the bunch. I've easily spent more here than the others combined. We used to go to the Warwick RI one but I never found anything so we stopped going, plus it's RI so the roads are confusing as hell. I didn't find too much at Emerald Square today though, three figures and a magazine.

GI Joe Magazine Fall 1987 The GI Joe Magazine is something I never even realized existed. I have the MOTU magazines, but GI JOE?! How did I miss these? For $5 I would have grabbed it regardless of the cover but this is one of my favorite GI Joe pics, I have the puzzle box on display in my glass case. It features Battle Armor Cobra Commander, my favorite Cobra Commander and very first GI Joe ever. So I snatched that up right away. I still haven't opened it but it's supposed to have the cover as a poster inside, I think I'll leave it though because I have nowhere to hang the posters I already have.

Princess Of Power ENTRAPTA
Entrapta from the She-Ra Princess Of Power line. Now, I have just about every MOTU and POP figure there is. One of the only Princesses I didn't have as a child was Entrapta, not sure why. I don't honestly remember ever seeing her but I never thought much of it. Until the new She-Ra cartoon came out on Netflix. Entrapta is f***ing awesome. I absolutely love her. She's probably my favorite character, I love them all but she might just preside a little over the others. I should have bought her last time I was here at the end of October but thought she might be cheaper online and quite frankly, the new cartoon wasn't out yet and I didn't how much I'd love this character. She wasn't cheaper online, and this one actually has her pink and purple hair braided properly so for $30 I said hell yeah, not passing up on her again. I'm lucky she was still there. And the figure is in beautiful condition.

Mortal Kombat GI Joe SHANG TSUNGMortal Kombat GI Joe RAYDENRayden and Shang Tsung from the GI Joe Mortal Kombat line. I had them. I loved them. I sold them. And I'm still mad about it. What was I thinking? I guess I figured I was over Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter so during the poor college years, I sold them off. Stupid stupid stupid. I recently decided I need to get them all once again, at first I just wanted my favorites but I'm pretty sure I won't stop until I have all of them. But, on the plus side, I still have like all of their accessories, and they came with lots of weapons. Lately I've been matching up my Joes with their weapons and I still have most of the Mortal Kombat accessories. So when I saw these two for a few dollars a piece, because they're incomplete, I was all over it. And not only is this Shang Tsung, this is the black gear Shang Tsung that came exclusively with the boat vehicle, which yes I had and yes I sold and yes I'm angry about it. I'm not too big in to having the complete figure with all their weapons but I have a weapon for both of them so that's cool. They each came with two originally but at least they have something to hold, otherwise I'd have to put them close enough to hold each other's hands and I don't think they'd like that.

I looked at a vintage MOTU Dragon Walker with its original box but the box was really beat up and I have the vehicle itself so I'd really just be paying $30 for the box. It was there in October as well and I thought about it but I still can't do it, not for the condition it's in. There was another Mortal Kombat figure I considered as well, Johnny Cage maybe, I can't remember, but his knees were too loose and he had a broken crotch so I put him back. I went to Game Stop afterwards and what do you know, another WWE Retro AJ freakin' Styles. Where were all these AJs last year when I still needed him?!!! I couldn't find one, now I have three and could have had even more. I know I checked there, multiple times now, and they didn't have him so where the hell did this one come from? It's okay, calm down Matt, you got your toys, you'll be fine.

MOTU Loyal Subjects box sides Hot Topic
I also went into Hot Topic and they had the MOTU Loyal Subjects figures! I'm not a year too late like I thought. But Battle Armor Skeletor was gone. The figures do look awesome though. We stopped at Walmart on the way back but they were pretty well cleaned out after Christmas, they do have their Transformers on clearance though to make room for the new Siege series which I can't wait for. I need that Megatron. But overall, that was one successful day of toy hunting. I'm eager to get back home and put them all with the rest of their friends on top of the display case, because there's no more room inside.

Wait, no, I did check out the FYE there but they didn't have the MOTU figures. I get all my malls confused on these toy hunting trips. I thought about going back and asking an employee but decided I didn't need an out of package She-Ra. Well, looking at her now, maybe I do. It is a sick figure, though it looks like she spent a little too long sun bathing under the Etherian sun. Probably should have bought a second She-Ra at Toy Vault for $5 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment